Our first article of the blog will be dedicated to the number 1 question we get asked by our foreign friends: I’m going to spend a weekend in Paris, is there anything you would recommend? I don’t necessarily want to do the touristic stuff. In other words, “what can I do in 2 days in Paris without spending too much money?”. Luckily, we have answered this question so many times that we now have a quick and reliable list of things to do below. Added bonus: it holds places/monuments that are close to each other so it’s easier to commute.
Depending on where you will be staying, feel free to start in the order that makes the most sense.
1) Visit Le Marais (one of Paris historic neighborhood) then le Centre George Pompidou / Beaubourg (a cultural center + a library in the same building. Ironically, it is the building whose inside-out design inspired the first Nike Air Max displaying the air bubbles).
2) Visit the Louvre Museum, then the Jardin des Tuileries, followed by Place de la Concorde. If you are in the mood for more walking, go straight to the Champs-Elysées avenue, where you can eat a few macarons at Ladurée, window-shop, and visit its famous Arc de Triomphe.
3) Visit the Eiffel Tower, walk through The Trocadéro (near the Alma Bridge where Lady Di had her fatal car accident, and where lies the flame replica of the Statue of Liberty’s torch) and finish with the Palais de Tokyo (home to a lot of cool exhibits and fashion shows).
4) Visit the Orsay Museum, Notre-Dame Cathedral, walk on the Saint-Michel boulevard and go to Place de la Bastille, le Panthéon and the rest of the Latin Quarter with its notorious university La Sorbonne, then finish with the Jardin du Luxembourg.
5) Visit Montmartre, walk up to the Sacré Coeur Basilica (or take the funicular to it), and make a quick stop by the Moulin Rouge down the Clichy boulevard. Then go to the Opera (the actual building and the avenue), wander through rue Scribe and rue Auber, all the way to the Grands Magasins (Printemps & Galeries Lafayette).
It seems a lot but you should have time to do it all 😉 Let us know if you’ve already spent a weekend in Paris, what were your favorite spots to visit? ⬇